Life Starts Now.

Living each day to the fullest, because we know first-hand just how fragile life can be.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Almost Two.

You're turning two in just a week, and I'm almost speechless when I realize it's been two years since the day you were born.  You entered with so much fury, so much fight.....and though you've overcame the majority of tough times, that fight is very much still present in your personality.  You're toddler, through and through.  Not quite up to speed on communication, you get frustrated when we don't let you do things that could potentially hurt you....like grabbing my curling iron when it's hot, or getting down a flight of stairs head-first...  You're talking some though, and now your favorite things to say are commands (go figure): In.  Out.  Down. On. Bathtub.  (Bathtub may not sound like a command, but trust me, it is!)  
You have tricks, too.  You can get on and off the couch by yourself.  You can blow bubbles out of your neck while you're in the bathtub....(wierd but impressive.)  You can whistle and snap.  You can open up bottles of pediasure, and stack legos together.  You've figured out how to browse through Netflix with the wii remote.  You can eat 65% of your food...WITH YOUR MOUTH!!
It's been two years that I've had to figure out how to be your mom.  I haven't gotten it down yet, so I hope you'll be patient with me.....out of four kids, you're probably the most like Connor.  Full speed ahead, witty and charming, and the strongest will I've ever seen.  For now, I've definitely got my hands full, but I know all of your personality traits will take you far in life....and I can't wait to help steer you in the right direction.  I love you, Joel.





1 comment:

  1. Wow almost two already! Joel and Raygen must have close to the same birthday. Raygen will be one on March 23rd. Wow how time flies. I love the pics. Joel is so cute.

    ReplyDelete