Life Starts Now.

Living each day to the fullest, because we know first-hand just how fragile life can be.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Looking Up


Rounds, 8am. I like being there...it's nice hearing staff talk amongst themselves about your kid. All of the things I hear daily and forget, I am reminded of. I was there this morning, coffee in tow, and I couldn't pin-point my enthusiasm to the source until I got back to the elevator. We had a good week. A solid good week. Looking back at month one, I am amazed at the positive thoughts I had during rounds..."well, he's improving here, or well, he'll get past this, he's just had surgery...or, God, I think we need a little help today." I remember my faith. I wonder if the staff thought I was ignorant. I remember trying to holdfast through the mornings, because it came like clockwork. The "afternoon news/evening news/middle-of-the-night news" was bound to be a kick in the gut. Heart surgery, brain bleeds, CO2 levels, hydrocephalis, stroke, blood clots everywhere, arythmias....shunt 1, shunt 2... Holy cow. We made it through that. We can make it through anything. My baby boy is 2 months old tomorrow. I can't believe we've been here for 2 months. Again, looking back, in hindsight, it feels like someone threw us in a funnel. The only way out is through.


"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness...The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him."

Lamentations 3:22-25


You are going to run, and jump, and laugh, and play, and LIVE. You will LIVE Joel. You are God's gift to us, and you were made perfect in his image. And we are so thankful. Thank you Jesus for orchestrating my son's healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment