Life Starts Now.

Living each day to the fullest, because we know first-hand just how fragile life can be.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

A day like today

It was nice.  So nice.  There was a birthday party in Roseburg today that we were all invited to.  I originally thought I had to work and assumed Adam and I wouldn't be attending.  When I found out that I had the day off, we opted to stay home and let the kids go with mom and dad.  BOY am I glad that we did!  We still had Joel, but when you have as many kids as we do, a one-kid-tag-along feels pretty close to a date.  I planned a surprise "day-date" for us.  A drive to a waterfall was the plan.  A hike up the waterfall with some pictures along the way was the plan...
But it didn't go that way.  We just drove.  I packed strawberries, left-over pizza, and generic diet pepsi...(romantic I know,) and we drove for 2 1/2 hours.  Up Highway 62 to Prospect, stopped at Lost Creek Lake, visited the marina, took a few bolus breaks, checked out the yurts and cabins at Willow Lake,...yada yada,...and eventually made our way home.  IT WAS FABULOUS.  Unfortunately I was having such a fabulous time that I forgot to even take my camera out.  I can't remember the last time I had 3 hours of straight company with my husband without being interrupted by a child, a tv show, a phone call....my parents...you name it.  It was absolutely what the doctor ordered.  Thank you mom and dad for taking them!  I love you long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment