Life Starts Now.

Living each day to the fullest, because we know first-hand just how fragile life can be.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Tis the season to be thankful.

I am overwhelmed with emotion tonight as I sit here and think of all I have to be thankful for.  It's been an amazing year.  I've met so many new people.  I've learned so many new things.  I've lived and I've loved to the fullest. 

I can't truly put into words how very thankful and grateful I am for each and every one of you. 

For all of the workers:  Thank you for doing your very best to save my son's life.  You have not only taken care of my baby, but you've taken care of us as a family.  Thank you for going above and beyond.  For calling in to check on Joel on your day off.  For treating my son with love and compassion, the way you would like your child to be treated.  It has been a very fragile 8 1/2 months for us, and somehow you all knew what we needed to hear, when we needed to hear it.  I love you.

For my friends and family:  I have taken far more than I've given the past year.  You've watched our kids when we were in the hospital.  You've brought over food, or gifts, or sent up care packages, visited me when I needed another fighting spirit in my corner.  YOU'VE PRAYED.  Each and everytime I posted something asking for prayer or support, I was flooded with encouragement.  And I thank you.  Even when I couldn't reply back to messages, or return calls or texts....(which I still can't do very well,) please understand that I read every word.  It means far more to me than I can even say.  I hope someday I can repay you.

For my savior:  Thank you.  Thank you for saving my son.  Thank you for turning such a horrible situation into one that I could absorb faith and knowledge from.  For the toolbox I needed to maintain a healthy marriage.  I've learned so much about your faithfulness and love for your children.  You were with us the whole time, you never abandoned us.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment