Life Starts Now.

Living each day to the fullest, because we know first-hand just how fragile life can be.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Heads Up

What is it about a new year that makes me think so positively?  Maybe it's just this transition, with the importance of what I know is on its way.  Joel's trach will be out this year.  Our lives will be back on track....not like they were, but as they will be.  More privacy, more freedom.  It's like a breath of fresh air.

Calendars are something I have always cherished, and I don't know why.  Maybe it's just the yearly ritual of going out and picking one out.  Over the years, I've gotten cheaper, and last year, I actually picked a few up for family members because they were on the dollar rack..such a "mom" thing to do... :)  Now that we have little Joel, calendars are even more sacred.  It is now my life-line, probably more than my phone.  It has numerous appts scheduled, and it helps me remember things that make all the difference (I think) in Joel's healing.  Last month at the pulmno doc, even with all of the charting in EPIC and with our nurses, I was the only one that knew that Joel hadn't actually been on two different antibiotics (that didn't work) for one month, but that he'd been on 4.  In two and a half months.  It makes a big difference to be able to physically show a timeline.  And it did today, when I wrote out Joel's January schedule on our dry-erase nurse's board.  We're in January now....we're in the right year.  Almost in the right season.  Our time is almost here.

This year calendars and schedules make me so happy, like they've never done.  It doesn't matter whether we get to go to Chicago in March.  We'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment